Saturday, March 21, 2015

Changing Gears

I'm heading into my last term of teaching ..... after 35 years.

A few months ago when I told my colleagues about my retirement, I was pretty adamant that they understand my plan to work til the end of June at my usual pace - no winding down, slacking off or daily countdowns for me! For the most part that's the way it's been however, I have come to realize that it won't quite be 'business as usual' for the next couple of months. My mind is increasingly preoccupied with thoughts of what's next - I am definitely feeling the changing of gears.

So, although I've blogged on and off over the years, I've decided that this unique and wondrous time deserves a fresh start. 'wattsup next' is going to be my place to share all these swirling thoughts, ideas, reflections, plans, start-up possibilities and so on.

I'm in the driver's seat, hand on the gear shift and heading out. Won't you join me and see what's up next?

2 comments:

  1. More learning and sharing I am sure is what is next. I have been learning with you since 1984 and look forward to wattsup!

    ReplyDelete