Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Blue Jay Fever

It's been many years since I've felt such enthusiasm for our Blue Jays, but wow, this fall has been a very exciting season! These play off games have rekindled my fandom and brought back so many memories. My kids all played ball when they were younger and being a baseball fan came with the parenting territory, so we were all Blue Jays fans in those days. We were lucky enough to attend a few big games as well. We had tickets to the 1991 All Star Game at the Skydome. As it turned out, Luke was born that day - what were the chances?? Matthew's first visit with his new baby brother was in full ball gear just before he hit the road with dad to head to the game! I'm pretty sure I know what he was more excited about :)

We also took Matthew and Danny to World Series games in '92 and '93. In fact, we were at the winning game in '93 - it was amazing! I dug these pictures out of old albums last week when everyone was asking "Where were you in '93?" Here's our proof - we were there!!
Too bad the Jays didn't make it to the World Series this year, but their fans seemed pretty thrilled to support them through this exciting season and if social media is any indication, Blue Jay fans are already looking forward to next year.
I'm with them! Go Jays!

No comments:

Post a Comment